We shape, impact, and advance good public policy.
We work at the state Capitol and with state agencies administering Medicaid and other important public health programs, to ensure Colorado’s public policies help Coloradans achieve their best health. We also collaborate with hospitals, clinics, and providers to ensure they optimize the health of their patients. By bringing together diverse leaders and partners, we amplify our impact and accelerate change toward a health care system that works for everyone.
Our legislative efforts have secured a number of major policy victories, and our leadership has allowed us to strategically amplify the voices of Coloradans, especially those who have been historically left out.
See what bills we’re following this session, or catch up on key issues from past elections and sessions:
+ 2016 Election
+ Past Session Summaries
Health Policy Committee
Our Health Policy Committee has a finger on the pulse of current and upcoming Colorado legislation that both directly and indirectly affects health. These providers, clinic administrators, consumer advocates, and lobbyists ensure that we have well-informed data and perspectives to drive our health policy advocacy.
Peruse our policy priorities:
- Improving access to health coverage and health care services
- Strengthening and preserving programs and the workforce that serve Coloradans without the same opportunities for good health
- Promoting systems changes to improve access, affordability, and quality
- Supporting workforce development to ensure an adequate network of health care providers
- Addressing social determinants of health
Policy Research and Analysis
Moving forward important legislative and regulatory change requires thoughtful analysis. Center for Health Progress takes the time to interview stakeholders, research the issues, and when appropriate, recommend solutions.
- CASE STUDY – Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Innovations Statewide (PDF)
- FACT SHEET – Policy Background on EMS Innovations
- FACT SHEET – Policy Background on Medicaid Non-Emergent Medical Transportation
- REPORT – Our Perspective on American Health Care Act (PDF)
If you want to learn more about our Health Policy Committee or our general policy advocacy work, please contact our Public Policy Specialist, Aditi Ramaswami.